The wait is over after nine years of Te Kaitora bliss the new Te Kaitora Rua invites you to embark and once again experience the unique.The original Te Kaitora cartridge was the result of collaboration between Dynavector Japan and Dynavector New Zealand. The Te Kaitora allowed analogue enthusiasts to embark on a voyage of discovery to the outer limits of vinyl reproduction.
The improved Te Kaitora Rua continues the journey by incorporating many of the newest features of its Dynavector stable-mates, the XV-1s and XX-2. The Te Kaitora Rua has even managed to improve on the original’s silk-like treble and openness.
Note: Te Kaitora means «The Discoverer» in the language of the NZ Maori people, Rua, is «the second version».
Feature and Improvements:
1. The wire for the coil has been changed to the PCOCC copper wire from the silver wire. It sounds a much smoother and has a much better musical
2. A titanium headpiece for maximum ridgity along with a miniature stainless steel bolt coupling the front and rear yokes to the magnetic circuit
3. A 6mm long boron cantilever with the Pathfinder (PF) line contact stylus as used with both Dynavector XV-1s and XX-2.
4. The ingenious square shaped armature and matching square shaped aperture in the front yoke providing much improved linearity in the magnetic
• Type: Low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and alnico magnet
• Output Voltage: 0.26mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
• Channel separation: 30 dB (at 1KHz)
• Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
• Frequency response: 20 – 20,000Hz (± 1dB)
• Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyn
• Tracking force: 1.8 – 2.2 grams
• DC resistance: R=5 ohms
• Recommended load impedance: >30 ohms
• Cantilever: 6mm length solid boron
• Stylus: PF Line contact shape, stylus radius: 7 x 30 micron
• Weight: 9.8 grams